Thursday, March 17, 2011

{CHOCOLATE! Oh Yeah, and Gold Coins}

Today when Little Miss M woke up I told her that she needed to wear something green so no one would pinch her. She marched right over to her dresser and picked out her clothes. She was somewhat disappointed because she didn't have green pants to wear, but settled for the ruffly skirt. All day she kept saying, "Mom, I am wearing green for Patrick's Day. Now no one can pinch me, not even a leprechaun!" She made sure that Baby S and I both had on our green shirts as well.

I made some of those satin flower hair clips that you see everywhere online just for the occasion, and they were SUPER easy! Maybe I will link up to a bunch of great tutorials if anyone wants to know more about them. After making them, I am having some wreath ideas for Little Miss M's room that I will be doing some re-decorating on in the next few weeks. So stay tuned. . . .



The second Miss K got home from school, Little Miss M started talking about going on the treasure hunt the leprechauns left. She was so sure that the treasure would be gold coins, but not just ANY gold coins.

{Reading the first clue on the front door, and then following the other clover clues}


Little Miss M: "Mom, the leprechauns leave special gold coins that have CHOCOLATE inside!" Good thing those leprechauns know their stuff, otherwise we would have been in trouble. :)

The entire time on their treasure hunt, Little Miss M kept pointing out that all the clues were on LUCKY four-leaf clovers, or "flovers" according to how she said it. I don't even know where she learned about the difference of regular 3-leafed ones and lucky four-leafed ones. . . certainly not from me.


The treasure hunt was a huge success with the girls! I think this is the beginning of a new tradition! What fun things did you do for St. Patrick's Day?








No comments:

Post a Comment